The Mayor-Elect has been busy preparing to pounce as soon as he’s official. Besides announcing his transportation, finance, and education team–including the controversial pick of Jean-Claude Brizard for CEO–our Mayor-to-Be has been all over the news. Some stories:
- Emanuel names local tech favorite John Tolva as Chief Technology Officer.
- Emanuel narrows list of potential top cops. In other news, I pledge to never again use the expression “top cop.”
- Emanuel consolidates city assets into one department.
- Soo Choi to move from Inspector General’s department to head up city hiring.
- Then-Chief of Staff Emanuel integral to failure of Obama Administration to shut down Guantanamo Bay.
- Mayor-Elect walks away from reporter questions, gets taunted as reporters ask if they’re supposed to talk to his back. Given this video is from NBC, is it a response to their allegedly getting slighted for unflattering reporting?
- And finally, I’d like to propose we hire this guy to sing the procession song at Emanuel’s lavish inauguration ceremony; substitute “Mayor” for “Queen.”